View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 03:08 PM   #80
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldpilot View Post
Okay, I uninstalled the 5.3? version of Sigil, rebooted, deleted the Sigil folder (which still had a lot of stuff in it), and downloaded the Beta again. I opened an html file, and as before, the software vanished off the screen so quickly than it was hard to believe it had ever been there. This was the same effect I saw the other day.

I then opened a epub file created two days ago by Sigil 5.3?, and which validated fine. (This was the same html file, in fact, that had caused the Beta to vanish the other day.) This time the crash was more traditional: up came a MS window saying that Sigil had "encountered a problem and needed to close," and inviting me to report this to MS.

And now I just opened another, earlier epub (created by Sigil). And poof! The Beta vanished.

It sure does move fast!
Can you post or PM the html or epub that's causing a crash?