View Single Post
Old 11-23-2014, 08:14 PM   #29
Hrafn
Fanatic
Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Poke 5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e 10.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
Captivated by You is a kepub for whatever reasons on the Aus site.

Below is a pic. There's no blackberry icon and that's usually a prime determinant as to whether it's a kepub or not. I mean apart from the fact that now Kobo has reinstalled format info - and that book doesn't show any.
Okay, that's really bizarre. I just checked using a Baen-and-therefore-DRM-free book as an example, and you're right, it does show file type.

So Kobo (i) doesn't show file type for kepubs & (ii) e-publishes Captivated by You only in some geolocations as kepub. As I said, really bizarre. Makes one feel one needs a secret decoder ring to interpret their pages.

I haven't actually bought anything off Kobo yet, but now that Diesel has closed down, I may well do so in the future.
Hrafn is offline   Reply With Quote