Thread: Classic Unshelved Books
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2011, 11:26 AM   #3
DTM
Intentionally Left Blank
DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Thanks. I came up with a different workaround.

I had tried one of your suggestions, but it didn't work. When I sort by "most recent" with shelves hidden, it puts the most recently read at the top, not the most recently added. And since the newly-added ones have never been read, they're well down the list.

What worked for me is this: I normally have shelves shown, and sort alphabetically by title. Thus, the first-level sort is by shelf, and then the books are sorted by title within the shelves. I modified the Calibre news feeds to put an underscore before the title, making it _Detroit News, for example. Now all I have to do is hide the shelves and it then sorts strictly by title. Symbols are considered to come before letters, so the _xxxxx items go right to the top.
DTM is offline   Reply With Quote