Thread: Drag 'n' Drop
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2010, 03:49 PM   #3
Perkin
Guru
Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kobo Aura HD, iPad (Marvin)
It was a LOT simpler before, Using your example, I'd select 1, press+hold CTRL, then dragselect 3-5, then click 7. (not to bad with only 5 to select, but when you're selecting loads, it becomes a real problem)

Now can no longer do that, if I try to do the drag select calibre goes into drag-mode and if you're not careful and accidentally release the button, it will try and add all the books you've got selected.

I have found a slight help, If i select the actual numbers of the entries in the list rather than the entries themselves, calibre does what it used to. Just have to remeber to do that, not so easy when I've been doing it the old way for ages.

The times I've tried to select even just a few items, and ended up dragging the first item
already.

If you must have drag-n-drop FROM calibre, can't there be a preference to disable it OR a qualifier key to initiate it, after using calibre for ages, this is now counter intuitive and REALLY annoying
Perkin is offline   Reply With Quote