View Single Post
Old 09-19-2007, 09:39 AM   #34
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
@HarryT

Sorry for the late reply...

I do consider the Iliad's battery life to be extremely weak and the boot imtes to be too long.
This is due to the way I read. I'm not somebody who commutes regularly or spends lots of time in aeroplanes where there is nothing else to do but reading...

I like to pick up a book when I have a few minutes somehwere, read a few pages and then put it away again. This simply does not work with the Iliad because if I leave it on after reading during breakfast it'll be down to almost half battery by the time I pick it up for some afternoon reading. If you read for a few minutes while visiting the bathroom you simply don't want to wait for the device to start and the book to load.
I did not realize this at first, but after I while I found that my reading "throughput" (amount of books read in a certain time) went down considerably when I was using the Iliad and went up again quite a bit when I used the STAReBOOK.
I'm not going to start a vendette against the Iliad (again) now, but I still greatly regret it's shortcomings in these respects...

Now, back to topic!
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote