View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 01:56 PM   #48
ignacio ferrer
Banned
ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by karunaji View Post
No, I have no clue about Germany because I don't speak German and outside of German speaking countries there is very little interest in German books.

Ok, ok. Just don't make it sound as if you feel insulted that I have no interest in Germany books.

Does it really matter if he hasn't bought Kindle from Amazon? There is one Amazon account whatever Amazon site one is shopping. I have used the same Amazon account with different shipping addresses in 4 countries so far.
You seem to deflect from the fact that all the statements of your posting

"If you had read the story, you would know that he had bought a Kindle in the UK from the Best Buy. That's not strange at all because there are no Kindles available in European shops. I don't know if Best Buy shops are open in the UK anymore. Now tourists in the UK have to buy Kindles from Tesco instead.

Apparently Amazon has found that selling Kindles to Europeans below cost is unprofitable because non-English speaking people are not buying that many e-books from them anyway. It appears that they are taking drastic measures to prevent further losses like illegally refusing warranty service to broken Kindles.

I would suggest contacting a local consumer protection agency. They may take time to review the case but they could make judgement in your favor, i.e., forcing Amazon to repair your Kindle and reinstate access to books already bought."

Are plain wrong ...
ignacio ferrer is offline   Reply With Quote