View Single Post
Old 02-14-2012, 08:56 AM   #20
oliwek
oliwek began at the beginning.

Device: Asus TF101, Nexus S, PRS-T1, eee-pc 701, IBM X41 (ubuntu)
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrys View Post
Dave, I saw that there was an XDA-Developer thread on it, pointing to my blog entry, and I am testing a unit now.

I wrote there that "It provides its own WiFi network to which up to 3 devices can connect but also has an extra element that allows it to use a bridging mechanism to let your Kindle Fire be connected to the Internet and the Wi-Drive at the same time (not possible with the otherwise interesting AirStash with nice features of its own). You can be using media from the Wi-Drive while looking up something on the Net."
I have just bought such a Wi-Drive and I'm testing it right now. Access to the internet doesn't work at my office (there's a HTTP proxy, and it seems it's impossible to set up the proxy from the device settings page, or on my Nexus S android phone altogether). So I have to choose : wifi access to the Wi-drive, OR wifi access through proxy to the internet.
The Wi-drive application for android devices is still in beta though (I'm glad it works on the Nexus S, as it targeted android tablets). I don't know if there's a proxy support in the iOS app.
edit : if you have a better experience with a proxy, please give us some details

Last edited by oliwek; 02-14-2012 at 09:04 AM.
oliwek is offline   Reply With Quote