View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 12:40 PM   #4
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Net Library is an alternative to Overdrive. Most libraries in the US or UK use one of these two systems. It's pretty standardized how it works from library to library with common software. My library uses Overdrive so I'm not familiar with Net Library. However, I have a friend on the Isle of Wight and I know that his e-library uses Net Library and Clipper DL download service for audiobooks. Therefore, I looked up his library's FAQs and put a link below. Your local library should have a similar FAQs page. More than likely these same instructions will apply to you too.
http://www.iwight.com/netlibrary/docs/ClipperDLFAQs.pdf

Step 1: Make sure the book that you are borrowing is an MP3 file. You cannot use WMA files with the Sony ereader.

Step 2: From the FAQ's it looks like you have the option of either downloading the audiobooks via their Media Center software or direct through the website. I would follow these instructions in the FAQs regarding MP3's to download the files direct from the website to your hard-drive and ignore their Media Center software. I just cut-and-paste them from the FAQ link below.

To do this, perform the following steps:
  • Go to the Clipper DL website
  • Enter your username and password
  • In the Search field, in the box for Format, click MP3
  • Once you have located the audiobook that you wish to download, click on “Download this Audiobook”
  • Click Checkout & Download CD Quality
  • If an information bar appears, click OK and then click “Download Manually”
  • When the file download dialog box appears click “Save”
  • The best place to save the file is on the desktop where you can find it once it has finished downloading
  • The file will begin transferring to your computer
  • Once the download has completed, you will see it on your desktop

Step 3: Once you have located the MP3 files on your desktop, then you can drag-and-drop them to the database/media/audio folder on your ereader as I previously suggested. Hope that helps!

Last edited by Bookworm_Girl; 02-21-2011 at 12:42 PM.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote