View Single Post
Old 08-24-2010, 05:35 PM   #79
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexi Revellian View Post
Really useful post, Mojoe.

(Do you mean it about serif fonts? Isn't there a place for them in some genres? There are quite a lot of them in the bookshops.)
Serif fonts work within a very restricted area, when you're deliberately looking for an old fashioned look. I will always go with a sans font over a serif when it comes to titling. Again though, it's entirely up to your own design sensibilities. The equation is simple for me: sans = modern, serif=old fashioned.

Of course, I do break my own rule. In the cover below for my novel "The Song of Insects" I used a serif font to mimic the 'curly' nature of the main graphic (but as I look at it now, I'm beginning to have my doubts about the usage).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	songofinsects.png
Views:	225
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	57101  
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote