View Single Post
Old 12-08-2013, 09:16 AM   #40
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
I just got the Glo. Had a PW1 and have a PW2. Was happy with the PW2 until I couldn't get 200 books to fit on it (another forum) - some of the books are over 200mb and they are my favorites. I camp a lot and need to carry my favorites with me - never know what I'm in the mood to read.

Anyway, went looking for an ereader comparable to the PW2, but with an sd slot. Found the Glo in a nearby store and got it yesterday.

Read a couple of short books on the Glo. I would say the lighting and page turning speed are comparable to the PW1. However, the background is much lighter on the Glo than either of the PWs - of course that might just be the particular ones that I have. After reading on the Glo, I tried reading on the PW2 - couldn't do it! The Glo has so much darker and clearer fonts that there is no eye strain at all - and I can make the fonts smaller so I can read more per page. And, I don't have to "fiddle" with my ebooks (to make sure they are not too large) to get my favorites to fit - love that micro sd!

All comes down, of course, to reading habits, needs. Just wanted to give my opinion of the 2.
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote