View Single Post
Old 07-16-2012, 06:44 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by maiki View Post
newest version of Calibre.

Before I discuss the problem--I saw another thread where someone discussed a problem they had converting an Epub to PDF, and the only responses he or she received was a question: "Why do you want to convert an Epub to PDF"?

Therefore, I will write here in advance--please do not answer my question with that kind of question back. I will not reply to any such questions about why I want to convert the book. I would very much appreciate if anyone could help with the following problem though.

---------

The book--purchased from Kobo, an Epub with no DRM.

I tried to convert it with the default settings.

The resulting PDF was just the book cover, followed by blank pages. Nothing else at all. What happened? I tried a few times, always with that same result. Is there a setting I could change, to make it work?

Just to see if another book would work, I tried converting the Quickstart Guide (Epub) that comes with Calibre to PDF.

It worked--that book converted to PDF. One defect though. The Table of Contents, which was clickable in Epub (click on the link in TOC to bring you to that chapter), did not work in the converted PDF. One could see the TOC as part of the book, but not click on something in it to bring you to that page. Couldn't the info in the Epub regarding TOC links be transmitted to the converted PDF?

Please reply about both books, if you can. Thank you.
Moderator Notice
Don't tell respondents what they can/can not do in a reply
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote