View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 11:24 AM   #43
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraciousMe View Post
Finally! I´ve found the code, here: http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/links.html#footnotes

<p> Announcer: Number 16: The <i>hand</i>.
<p> Interviewer: Good evening. I have with me in the studio tonight
Mr Norman St John Polevaulter, who for the past few years has been
contradicting people. Mr Polevaulter, why <em>do</em> you
contradict people?
<p> Norman: I don't. <sup><a href="#fn1" id="r1">[1]</a></sup>
<p> Interviewer: You told me you did!
<section>
<p id="fn1"><a href="#r1">[1]</a> This is, naturally, a lie,
but paradoxically if it were true he could not say so without
contradicting the interviewer and thus making it false.</p>
</section>

Are my problems over now, or are they just beginning?

I had a mind to put the footnote material IN the text because it seemed so cumbersome to code, but this looks nice.
There have been other threads on this with no perfect answer.

1) Since readers do not have a 'page foot' support, foot notes can end up at the end of a chapter (does this work if you don't break on chapters?). Endnotes are at the End of the book,right?

1) Conversions will probably be a mess no matter what you choose

1) Readers don't have balloon (help) notes. Inline kind of breaks up the smooth 'read'

(note: all the 1's ) what every you do, you lose
Why the 'Spec' people have not addressed these kinds of issues by now totally eludes me. We are on the 3rd generation of EPUB fer crin' out loud.
Are these people still using Just CRT's and Paper? Because the design does not seem to consider e-ink (screen refresh) and handhelds (orientation and Aspect ratio) in general.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote