View Single Post
Old 07-05-2012, 02:20 PM   #8
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
I really liked this story, and this is actually the first Hemingway I've ever read. I wanted to read a collection of his short stories, but time got in the way so I only read this one for now.

I am curious about one aspect of the story - when the father is meeting with the two men in Italy and it turns sour, I suppose the reason for its inclusion is for the boy to see that there are people who don't like his father. But were we supposed to realise what was happening in that meeting?
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote