View Single Post
Old 02-14-2008, 12:25 AM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebuddy View Post
My understanding is that all Amazon books are DRM-free. What they don't read are DRM-protected books, which forces you to buy the new DRM-free books from them (unless you hack your Kindle and old books.)
Yes, I have bought many books from Amazon that were DRM free. But, I think all the eBooks have DRM that is equivilent to Mobipocket, yet not as good cause you can't read them on your PC or other mobi capable devices.

Amazon is a study in opposites. They were the first company to come out with 100% DRM free eMusic using the ubiquitious MP3 format. Yes, their Books and Movies are still loaded down with DRM.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote