View Single Post
Old 09-01-2013, 10:35 AM   #14
constant-reader
constant-reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.constant-reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.constant-reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.constant-reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.constant-reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.constant-reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.constant-reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.constant-reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.constant-reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.constant-reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.constant-reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Play Books
Can't resize font of mobi-converted epub in Google Play Books

Hi there,

I recently had the same issue with a book that had been converted from MOBI to EPUB using calibre -- i.e., Google Play Books would display the converted book with teeny-tiny text and would not let me resize the text.

I opened the converted book with Sigil and found that each "part", i.e., each individual HTML file within the epub, had a line specifying the font-size using "rem". I couldn't find anything in the epub that specified the original, i.e., the "root", font-size.

The problem went away when I did a bulk find/replace for "rem" with "em."

I don't know if this is a problem with Google Play Books, calibre, or the settings used when doing the conversion in calibre. If one of you tells me that it's a problem with GPB, then I'll go ahead and open a ticket with them. If it's a conversion settings problem, I'd appreciate any advice you may have on fixing it. If it's a problem with the conversion itself, it seems like it would be easy enough to fix.

Thanks for your help.
constant-reader is offline   Reply With Quote