View Single Post
Old 07-22-2009, 12:21 AM   #1
RCR
Addict
RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2 x Sony 505, iPad, Samsung 7 Tablet, ASUS Transformer, Nexus 7
Amazon reviews --- Will the real Harriet please stand up.

In the Deals, Freebies, and Resources forum, a member has noted that "Heroic Measures" by Jill Ciment is available for free download on oprah.com.

The member gave the amazon.com address to see a description of the book. I went there, only to be puzzled at the nature of the reviews and the overwhelming five star ratings.

Then I noticed that one reviewer, Harriet Klausner, has a track record of similarly flavoured reviews - more upbeat summaries, all with four to five stars, rather than personal reviews. And many of her reviews were submitted on the same day. She couldn't possibly have read and considered such a large number of books in one day.

Are these genuine reviews? Or is Harriet a spruiker for the publisher or Amazon? I've heard of this sort of behaviour before on Amazon, but never seen it so blatant.

Or am I just being especially cynical and grumpy today?
RCR is offline   Reply With Quote