View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 04:25 AM   #11
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
No email here yet, but that may be because I'm outside the US. Luckily, I'm in the UK, so my library should (mostly) get transferred to nook.

Also, my Fictionwise Buywise club runs out on 3 October 2017. Since they say that "Customers with an unexpired Buywise Club membership will receive a pro-rated refund by 12/21/2012 in the form of a check for the remaining time in their membership." I think that means I should be getting a $120+ refund from them.

But for non-US and non-UK customers it's rather bleak. No transfer of fictionwise library anywhere, just loss of new downloads of all books after 31st January 2013. Which for Secure Mobipocket books means loss of access after your current devices die, unless you are friends with Apprentice Alf.

(I've just made sure my Fictionwise and B&N account details are all up-to-date. Over the years, I've bought 1448 books at Fictionwise, of which 1423 are still in my Fictionwise bookshelf. I have 182 books in my nook bookshelf (all freebies). It will be interesting to see how many of the 1423 make it over to my nook account when the time comes.)

(I've just checked my bookshelf. Although it says 1423, it only lists 1422 items, consisting of 846 Multiformat, 475 Secure Mobipocket, 48 Secure eReader, 8 Secure Microsoft, 38 Secure Adobe ePub, 2 audiobooks and 5 subscription listings. Seven of the 475 Secure Mobipocket are marked as EXPIRED, which means they were lost when one of the Mobipocket distributors pulled their books from Fictionwise. This means I have 1406 available ebooks in my Fictionwise bokshelf that could get transferred to my nook account.)

Last edited by pdurrant; 11-16-2012 at 05:43 AM. Reason: Details of my fictionwise bookshelf.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote