View Single Post
Old 08-28-2013, 01:05 PM   #28
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by uboot View Post
Bookworm_Girl: That may be true for the Pre-T1-Sony....
I actually wish they'd have fixed the broken firmware of my T1 but they simply kept it like that and focussed on the T2
The T1 is anything but stable! The only way to make it stable is rooting it and install alternate reader apps...
The T2 having improved stability doesn't count for me.
JFYK - You can revert your Kobo to older firmwares: First do a factory reset to restore the firmware like it was when you bought it, then manually install the version you want from the thread I mentioned. You may have to use a trick to register/active the Kobo without connecting to the internet, though....
Regarding your friend - does he have an Android based eReader, i.e. T1, T2, or one of the older ones that are based in plain Linux like the Kobo. If it is plain Linux, then I am pretty sure that it is very much stable... With Android, they entered something new which they didn't master until maybe the T2.... Not sure about the T2, haven't had it.
With the T1, paperclip is your best friend, too
I am sorry that you have had issues with your T1. However there are two T1s in my household, and they do not have the problems that you have. I have two because I liked the T1 so much that I bought a second on clearance sale. The initial release had issues, but then Sony did a firmware fix that solved the problems. I did not need to root them to make them stable. Every several months I need to do a reboot or reauthorization, but it is not a frequent problem. I can't remember the last time it happened. I have never had to reboot my T2 that I can recall. The OP is interested in purchasing a T2 or perhaps the new T3.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote