View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013, 12:01 PM   #13
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
I did LOOK at bean sheet. A few times.

My lack of java skills is the only things that make me unsure about if it would work easily.

From what I understand of the crippled infrastructure prior to using JSwing on the touch I would have said "In a million years", on the Touch/Pw "I suppose"

The big PITA with getting gnumeric going is twofold 1) it insists on connecting to dbus. I have got that working but...

Quote:
GLib-ERROR **: The thread system is not yet initialized.
Trace/breakpoint trap

GLib-ERROR **: The thread system is not yet initialized.
Trace/breakpoint trap
^-- It really upsets the lipc on the kindle - This is related to the more modern implementations no longer actually requiring/supporting such a thread model (I could dig up the relevant page but you can take my word on that)

And secondarily the Title attribute so badly needed to bring gnumeric "to the front" natively under awesome just doesn't "work" in the right way. even passing the --name --class or whatever is totally pointless because each subwindow (READ: THE WINDOWS WE NEED) starts up as "Book1.gnumeric - Gnumeric" , "Book2.gnumeric - Gnumeric" etc...

Making the Xephyr option a better solution since at least we can actually START the relevant "contactable" dbus under debian (despite the errors) and get it to the front...

I spent - I dunno - 8 hours? or something? poking around with various approaches.

There are two REAL solutions... build and patch it from source for arm. (ouchy) feel free someone to jump on that.

or b) invoke debian / Xephyr with the relevant dbus installed (I have this atm), a window manager, and use an OSK for the data entry. I just gave that a quick test and it worked.

If the OP wants that. I can just give it to them AS-IS. I wont be taking this to building it from code, as I just don't care enough about it. TBH. but it was fun to play with.

There is a WHOLE BUNCH of other rubbish in that debian image right now though.

I would probably recommend just following the DEBIAN ON PAPERWHITE instructions (or my "Step by step" instuctions on the same thread and doing it all via debian.

Added pictures. Hope that helps. I would choose HIDE DOCK

I can probably dig up the various installers I had to massage into there to get it all going too.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_234.png
Views:	313
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	103356   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_235.png
Views:	322
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	103357   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_237.png
Views:	307
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	103358   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_238.png
Views:	307
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	103359  

Last edited by twobob; 03-23-2013 at 12:13 PM.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote