View Single Post
Old 10-16-2008, 09:06 AM   #11
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
While living in the U.S.A.:

As a collector of First Editions, I would buy new First Edition literary novels every month, spending slightly more than $100 a month on these new releases and also experimenting on some newer writers reiviewed in the New York Times Book Review.

There was also Half-Price Books in about four prime locations in Cincinnati, Ohio area. Occassionally, the clerks would overlook a collectible of an author whom I collect, and thus I would spend about $30 additional a month from them.

At that time, I had just bought my PRS-500 a few months after it came out, and I also began purchasing books from Sony. (I had yet to "trust" Ficionwise.)

Moving to Peru:

Now that I've moved to Peru - and this was January, 2008 - I buy only ebooks. On the few trips back to the U.S., I was able to pick up some hardback editions of authors I collect and brought some of those books back with me.

Of the close to 2,000 books in my collection, all but about 20 of them are in a climate-controlled storage in the U.S.A. Those 20 hardbacks are here in Peru with me.

So, for the past 9 months (with the exceptions noted above), I've only bought ebooks for my (now) PRS-505, having sold both my PRS-500s. I've also set up an account with Fictionwise and they're now my main source for purchases - mainly pulpish, Sci-Fi, Horror fiction, what for me I term as easily disposable genre fiction.

For my literature reading, I still frequent Sony. I'm currently reading one of my favorite writers Richard Russo (NOT the Sci-Fi genre writer), having recently purchased "Bridge of Sighs," which is excellent.

I probably spend about $50-$60 USD a month on my ebook reading habit, with no book purchases yet from Peru.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote