View Single Post
Old 07-24-2013, 06:26 PM   #573
SampleAndy
Addict
SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KFire HD, KFire, KTD 3g, KT, K4B, K4S, K3g, K3g SO, K2, K1
Quote:
Originally Posted by acalva View Post
After the firmware upgrade i got a message saying that the firmware is not compatible with Collections Manager. I know that it says on the OP that it will not be compatible but I wonder if this can be modified.
So ixtab, is it done yet? (since I'm safely on 5.3.3 on my PW, I'm still pretty happy)

It's an interesting message if that IS what it said... "the firmware is not compatible with Collections Manager" If you want the firmware to be modified, you need to talk to the guys at lab126.

OK. Serious questions. I didn't read all 38 pages, but I think I read the lead post pretty well. I was able to get the software installed, but I'm having some problems using it.
1) Is there any documentation other than the images in the original post? I've got a sketchy idea of how to use the software, but I was also successful in hiding books from myself (and the PW) and the only solution was to go through page by page looking for grey titles and unhiding them. Not fun, and I still don't know how I did it to begin with. I'm guessing Select all only selects all on the current page, right?
2) The only sort options are by title and "sort" title, if I've read correctly. Sort by author would be a BIG help for me. Hasn't anyone else asked about that? Remembering the titles of the 25 P.G. Wodehouse books to put them all in the same collection is not much fun either.
[strikeout]3) "Import collections from Calibre" is greyed out. I have version 2.3.3 of the software, but I didn't see anything about that being added (or enabled) recently.[/strikeout] pretend I didn't say that.
3) I could not (can not) create a collection named "Ring of Fire". I tried 4 times, and finally created it from the Kindle menu. I then renamed it "Ring of FireZ" and tried twice more from inside Collection Manager. I can create the following, but not "Ring of Fire": "Fire of Rings", "Ring of Fred", "Ring of Fires". I wanna hear the explanation for THAT one.

If (as I suspect) there isn't any documentation, I'll try to type up my interpretations, and ... can you attach a file to a PM?

SampleAndy is offline   Reply With Quote