View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 10:05 AM   #11
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldilocks View Post
I hope I don't sound too stupid...but is "imagemagick" part of the OS or is it something Calibre installs? Could the OP have corrupted dll files (not the jpeg files themselves)? Maybe a virus scan should be done...
imagemagick is one of the many open source modules installed used by calibre. (other open source programs may also be using a version. Since the main program must connect to an exact release of this tool, it is installed as a part of Calibre)

If any cover manipulation passes, the module is probably OK

Anti-Virus programs silently 'repairing' files is more of a problem. IMHO make your A/V ask you every time. that way you know that it did something (besides just wave a big banner "I saved you' )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote