View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 05:25 PM   #6
vxf
Guru
vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, 900, 950; Kindles (ALL of them!); Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
The fonts are actually rendered better than on the Touch and K3. I don't have a K4 to compare it with. If yours isn't, call CS.

Large scale image of comparison screenshots.
This is exactly what I see when I compare PW and KT.
Really, the right (KT) looks better to me.

Something is really off in the fonts. With the lights off, the contrast in the PW seems a bit better than the contrast on the KT (very marginally, but it is) but the fonts still look better on the KT. Just like the example you posted there, the KT fonts are easier to read.

Also, I think this has something to do with the screen in between and the illumination... but I can't shake the feeling that the PW is a 'screen', whereas the KT felt more like a book.

Regarding the OP, I agree with all.

Here are my complaints. Don't get me wrong... it's a nice ebook reader. But plenty could be better:

The device is surprisingly heavy.
The lack of 'swipe to jump chapter bothers me'.
Navigation is clumsy, as in all Kindles. Why no slide bar?
I want the home button back as well. And page-turn buttons too. And a switch for airplane mode somewhere.
No TTS sucks. Smaller storage stinks. Bummer. Neither is a deal-breaker though.
My battery keeps draining in 10-12 hours. Maybe it's defective. Waiting to see.
Wish the frame was wider. Holding it is awkward.
Ads on the home page stink. I paid for non-SO, why push books on me?
vxf is offline   Reply With Quote