Thread: web2lrf
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2008, 02:08 PM   #347
seajewel
Fanatic
seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-950
(somewhat cross-posted with the Format Conversion forum, but for good reason i think) Is this the tool I should use to convert a webpage with .html in it to .lrf? There was a fanfic that i wanted to read on my 505, and I just right clicked on a link to the page and saved as .html and then used calibre to convert to lrf. Unfortunately, the resulting file had improper margins (really large, not the way I've set calibre to convert) and even worse, it has page turns of 2-3 seconds as opposed to more like 0.5. I usually have to hit page turn an entire paragraph before I'm done to get the timing right, and it usually isn't quite right, which is frustrating..

But this tool seems to be for news sites. Will it work for just one big long .html webpage and if so, do I use calibre or some kind of cmd interface? Any tips would be appreciated. Or is the html file itself somehow problematic, such that I can't fix the long page turns without just copy and pasting it to .rtf or something?
seajewel is offline   Reply With Quote