kweller
kweller began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynevans View Post
Some answers
Thanks.

Quote:
> Is it possible to persuade Calibre to pre-populate the metadata for a bulk edit where the data for all the files to be edited is consistent?

Select the files then "Edit meta information" will default to "Edit meta information in bulk" , which is what you need, isn't it?
I don't think so unless I'm using it incorrectly.

Let me give you an example. Say I have 25 books by an author called Rodriguez de Stampino (I just made that up so don't look for him!). When I originally input the metadata I incorrectly entered 'se' instead of 'de' so the metadata in all files needs correcting.

I select all 25 files then pull up the bulk editor but all fields are blank. What I'd like Calibre to do is where the data is the same across all selected files, e.g. the author's name in this case, pre-populate the fields with that data so all I have to do is replace 's' with 'd' rather than type the entire name. Where the existing data isn't exactly the same across all files the field would be left blank on the editing screen.

Media Monkey, to give one example, works exactly in this way and I wondered if I'd missed a setting in Calibre to make it do similarly.

Does that make sense?

Kevin
kweller is offline   Reply With Quote