View Single Post
Old 12-21-2011, 03:09 AM   #15
JimStar
Enthusiast
JimStar rocks like Gibraltar!JimStar rocks like Gibraltar!JimStar rocks like Gibraltar!JimStar rocks like Gibraltar!JimStar rocks like Gibraltar!JimStar rocks like Gibraltar!JimStar rocks like Gibraltar!JimStar rocks like Gibraltar!JimStar rocks like Gibraltar!JimStar rocks like Gibraltar!JimStar rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kyobo eReader, Sony PRS-950, PocketBook Pro 902, PocketBook 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinj View Post
Your average living room or bedroom is significantly darker and, according to JimStar, the screen is basically unreadeable without the frontlight in those conditions.
Just one thing that I need to clarify: not unreadable at all, I can read it in low light conditions, but I need to strain my eyes very much and it is very uncomfortable, I need turn the device left and right, up and down, to find better reflection angle to achieve better contrast... And the color reproduction is much worse in low light... But when I sitting on the same place get in hands my Sony with eInk Pearl - I start reading it very comfortable and just forget that I'm reading electronic device not paper...

But in good light conditions - Mirasol is well readable without backlight, colors are nice, contrast is relatively comfortable. Good technology anyway.
Fingers crossed that they will fix the "background darkness" problem in new display versions...
JimStar is offline   Reply With Quote