View Single Post
Old 11-05-2006, 06:53 PM   #6
tcv
Addict
tcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enough

I think there's a difference for me between reading and reading books. Every night I peruse about 100 different sites and their associated RSS feeds. So, yeah, reading has always been there for me, too.

Reading _books_ is another matter. It's always seemed to me that books require you to be within a subject or story for an extended period of time. Weeks if you're as slow as I am. And I've never been a very good reader of multiple books at the same time. Ultimately, things just progress very slowly for me when I do that and, eventually, it starts to feel like a chore.

Ultimately, though, I must admit that I am very rigid about such things. For instance, I will finish a book even though I don't like it since I feel like I need to get the full worth out of it. My wife, on the other hand, can not do that at all. As soon as she knows she doesn't like a book, into the round-file it goes. Another example is what I've talked about here: Worrying about liking several things. Isn't that just ... odd?
tcv is offline   Reply With Quote