View Single Post
Old 11-08-2011, 12:11 AM   #17
GoingDown
Zealot
GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
@goingdown: you don't say which version of calibre you are using. It would be useful to know whether or not the authors Unknown and unknown both simultaneously exist and if so whether the author_sort values for these two authors are defined, something you can see using "manage authors" (right-click on an author in the tag browser and choose "manage authors"). It also would be useful to know what the author_sort value is for a failing book after you make the change, and whether calibre considers that value as correct (not pink) -- both of these can be seen using edit metadata.
Using newest Calibre (linux binary install). Also, I did change author to "Unknown" and then recalculated author_sort every time I did my testing (with that arrow button). My tweak author_sort_copy_method = 'comma'

EDIT: Oh, I did not read this thread fully before responding... Anyway, Kovid was quick to fix this once again.
GoingDown is offline   Reply With Quote