View Single Post
Old 06-15-2010, 10:07 AM   #28
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by webba84 View Post
Trust me on this, draconian copyright laws are not a feature of living in China.
We know. That's why China, as well as other countries, has such a reputation for stealing and reproducing foreign content and products, in violation of international copyright laws. (A fair or bad rep? I'm not judging, I'm just saying.) It's this lawless environment that is holding up much of potential commerce... a lack of agreement and fair dealing. Until that changes, expect countries to have a hard time sharing goods and services, including ebooks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by webba84 View Post
One more thing, there are B&N bookstores in the UK, Hong Kong, Australia and who knows where else. But their ebooks, the ones delivered on the technology that can send them anywhere on the face of the planet and even at least once place not on the face of the planet, are only available in the US. Talk about irony.
I'll grant you that: Any business that has a multi-country presence should be expected to sell at least the same products in e that they sell in p. I imagine it's only an expected lack of profit, and/or resistance from local print-based book producers and sellers, that delays such efforts in other countries, just as they have in the U.S.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote