View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 02:35 AM   #8
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by book64 View Post
If only I knew why just entering an authors name as before is not bringing up a short list of his books.
What does come up?

If you go to Preferences - Searching - Columns that non-prefixed searches are limited to you can change the contents of the field. I have mine set to title, authors, tags, series, publisher so when I type in a random (non-prefixed) query in the search bar it will not search the comments field too.

Allowing the search of the comments field will return books where one or more of your search words may be found in the comments of a book. Thus giving you a random appearing list.

You can also open (press the tag icon in the lower right) the tag browser and simply click on the author, this will enter a prefixed search for you in the search bar.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote