Thread: iPad Which iPad is for you?
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2010, 05:19 AM   #41
SILen(e
SILen(e began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2 Int.
I will get (not necessarily at launch) the 32gb or 64gb one with 3G.

I already own an iPhone 3G with 8gb and i regret taking the one with only 8gb, as i always struggle to squeeze my apps and music in the tiny storage^^

I think the 16gb iPad will lead to the same problems, apps will likely become larger than the ones already out for iPhone (larger textures, videos, music and voices), multimedia-enhanced magazines might have 10+mb per issue because of high resolution videos - and the iPad will often be used to watch videos/movies and shows, which are between 600-1400mb (HD) per episode, 1400mb per movie.
With an iPad, i would like to have my complete music collection available, so that will also require lots of storage capacity.

The more storage capacity, the better - that's why i think that many people who are new to the iPod Touch/iPhone-category of hardware and buy an iPad with only 16gb, will regret it after a few months.

3G is also very nice - while it is possibly that it's kinda expensive in Germany, i love using my iPhone to surf the web or use ICQ while on the subway or train, so with the iPad 3G might be even more "cool to have" and "i would never go back" than the iPhone.

If i remember correctly, as the iPad lacks GPS, it uses cell phone network triangulation to get your location (which can be quite exact) - so without 3G you're lacking all those location based applications like AroundMe (shows nearby restaurants, banks etc.) and using Google Maps is possibly (you have to type in your location), but more complicated.
SILen(e is offline   Reply With Quote