View Single Post
Old 04-06-2016, 09:27 PM   #1485
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrik View Post
jgoguen, thanks, it will be very interesting to see what you get from the comparison.

David, I only did highlights, no annotations or bookmarks. The highlights are typically 2-4 lines each (sometimes just a word, sometimes half a page), usually within a sentence (if you mean a paragraph, with no white space between).
That does match with my testing: various lengths of highlighting and saving. And I did get 49 of them without problems.
Quote:
I just did a quick test and noticed something interesting. My plan was to either do a screengrab or take photo/video so you can see how/what I have highlighted. In order to make it easier (as in fewer pages needed), I decreased the font 3 times. What happened was that if I now did the highlight, it orked!

So, I spent 5 minutes reading, highlighting every now and then, and when it stoped to work, I change the font size, now it worked, changed it back, continued to read, etc.

It would seem something happens when decreasing the font size.... hmm... (I tested increase font size, to see if any change did it, but only a decrease works.)

I hope I get more time to test tomorrow, or maybe the font size thing triggers something for you?
Changing the font size or any other of the settings will trigger a render of at least the current chapter. If something was preventing a highlight from being shown on the screen, this might fix it.

What is actually not working. If I make a highlight, I do the following:
  1. Touch the screen and drag it. While that happens, the text is underlined.
  2. Take my finger off the screen. Handles are added to the end of the underline and the menu is displayed.
  3. Tap "Highlight" on the menu. The menu closes and the underlines change to grey background on the text.
  4. The annotations list now has an entry for the highlighted text.

At which point does it stop? I assumed the third step, and that the last wasn't done, but I am not completely sure.

And some more questions:
  • As you are seeing a change when you change font settings, what font and size are you using?
  • If you close the book and reopen it, does the highlighting start working again?
  • After changing the font size and the highlighting starts to work again, how many highlights can you get? About 20 again? Or less?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote