View Single Post
Old 01-04-2011, 08:07 AM   #13
bhartman36
Wizard
bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Craig CMP738a Android Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
By far the most common error is writing "it's" as a possessive pronoun. That's one that really annoys me because it's so easy to get it right.
To be honest, although I know the rule, I think this is one that's most forgivable if people mess it up. Sure, the other forms of pronoun possession (hers and his) don't follow the "normal" way of writing possession, but I don't see that as as egregious as writing "you're" when you mean "your" or something like that. Maybe that's my own blind spot, though.
bhartman36 is offline   Reply With Quote