View Single Post
Old 01-18-2009, 06:56 PM   #33
llasram
Reticulator of Tharn
llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Isn't a key/password supplied by the book seller/publisher "authority of the copyright owner"?
Like I said, I'm not a lawyer, but I have a hard time seeing it work that way... If the specification is open, then software which consumes the key + encrypted work can do anything. There's no chain of authority via which the copyright owner grants only specific rights the software is supposed to enforce.

Is there a lawyer in the house?
llasram is offline   Reply With Quote