View Single Post
Old 06-26-2010, 09:39 AM   #54
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
If you don't wish to read it all, nobody is forcing you to do so, but the fact that "The Lord of the Rings" is sometimes published in three separate volumes doesn't change the fact that it's a single book. Would you consider "The Encyclopaedia Britannica" to be 30 (or however many it is) separate books, or one book published in 30 volumes?

When LOTR itself says "this is not a trilogy but a single novel", I honestly don't see that there's any valid case to answer .
I can't wait for the next non-fiction month, so I can nominate The Encyclopaedia Britannica!
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote