View Single Post
Old 06-07-2009, 09:55 AM   #20
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by khalleron View Post
Thank you so much, Zelda! This is one of my favoritest books in the whole world! I've bought so many copies, given away so many copies - this was the first book I did for esspc - not nearly so fine as yours, I'm really looking forward to reading it again, with pictures and everything!

[favoritest is a word, isn't it?]
i'm thrilled you like it. it's one of my favoritest books too. i've read it many times but it still makes me laugh uncontrollably ; i had to give up on reading it on the métro, i was getting too embarassed about people staring at me.

Quote:
OK, I've downloaded it and it is beautiful! Thank you so much!

Just one minor quibble (and there's always one, isn't there?) - on my PRS-505, the author shows as A. Frederics. I've tried changing it in Calibre and Mobipocket Creator, but both of them show the metadata with Jerome K. Jerome as the author. I don't know enough about either ePub or XHTML to know what is wrong or how to fix it, or I wouldn't bother you with it. It's a minor annoyance that I can certainly live with.

Once again, it's beautiful - who says ebooks are ugly?
hm, the author name showing as A. Frederics is strange. that is the name of the illustrator, so he is in the meta-data, but should not appear as the author... i am not sure why that would happen, so if anyone knows, please explain !

Quote:
Thank you, dreams, for checking that. I did figure out how to go into the .opf and change the metadata. I load through Calibre - looks like it's a problem with Calibre then.

Anyway, it's fixed to my liking, so no need for zelda to do anything.

So glad to have such a lovely version of one of my favorite books. Thanks again, zelda!
you are very welcome ! what did you change in the metadata in the .opf ? i ask for my own information, since that is definitely a "bug" which should be fixed...
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote