View Single Post
Old 12-21-2006, 10:47 PM   #52
Yaholo
Gadget Addict
Yaholo knows what time it isYaholo knows what time it isYaholo knows what time it isYaholo knows what time it isYaholo knows what time it isYaholo knows what time it isYaholo knows what time it isYaholo knows what time it isYaholo knows what time it isYaholo knows what time it isYaholo knows what time it is

Device: Sony Reader, PPC-6700
3 Click eReader Bible

I have been working on making my own Bible for the Reader for some time. It is very tedious, but possible. If someone out there did it, I would certainly pay for it.

Here is what I have done on my own and it works very well: I use NeoOffice on my Mac (OpenOffice for PC) and then combine the section and hyperlink tools. I put a section in the document that links to a book, chapter, or verse then use create an internal hyperlink to a menu item.

In the end I fit all the books of the Bible onto one page. When you click a book, it takes you to a menu of chapters, then to a menu of verses. This makes a Bible that is completely navigable on the Sony Reader. Book -> Chapter -> Verse -> the Click eReader Bible.

The document is laid out with page 1 of each book of the bible being the chapter menu, and at the beginning of each chapter being a verse menu. The links hold up pretty well when I export to PDF. But I have only tried it on a Mac. I have used this technique on other books too like "The Imitation of Christ" to allow me to jump to each meditation.

The hard part that you basically have to make a hyperlink for each verse in the Bible.... so I will probably only go as far as Book and Chapter. However, I present this idea in the hopes that someone might just do it. Like I said, I would pay for it.
Yaholo is offline   Reply With Quote