View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 08:33 AM   #159
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
I suspect that the Paperwhites being shipped on Oct 11 may have different hardware than the ones being shipped on Oct 3. In the same manner the 32 Gb Fire HD's being shipped on Oct 25 may have different hardware than the 16 Gb Fire HD's which were shipped on Sep 15 aside from memory.

It may not be just the NSO versus SO features. Thus, I decided just to have patience and wait for the models I orginally ordered and not switch or ask Amazon CS for any credits.

We won't know this for sure until all those products are in the hands of consumers and we can compare the hardware version numbers here on this forum.

Its even possible that the later versions may have better reliablity in some areas due to detected bugs and fixes made after the first models were shipped.

I have found that both software and hardware undergo changes as new models are shipped over time. Software can be upgraded when that happens but hardware is usually cut in stone.

In the meantime my Kindle Fire 1st Gen is working just fine for me and my Kindle Kbd WiFi 3rd Gen is working just fine for my wife. We really don't "need" the new models. We are just getting them to have the latest and greatest toys. My annual spending on eReaders is running way ahead of my spending on the actual eBooks.

My Tan cover for the Paperwhite is scheduled for delivery on Oct 31. Thus, we won't be getting full use of the PW until then in any event.

Last edited by sirmaru; 10-01-2012 at 08:43 AM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote