View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 11:34 AM   #12
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_mchale View Post
I haven't gotten into the series yet, but it seems to me that the basic premise of the series is such as to almost require a mystical world to work. I mean if the physical laws of the Universe were to change enough that you couldn't even have steam power, I have a hard time believing that life as we know it could exist either.

--
Bill
Well, I have problems with any attempt to explain the unexplainable and the use of 'a higher power' as a way to further the plot. I think visions from the higher power to move things along as opposed to the open question of "are the visions a form of insanity, and should we follow this guy?" is a type of cheating. IMO it's the acceptance or rejection of faith that is interesting; not God saying "Go Here and Do This".

Where I am in the series, the explanations and plot reveals aren't fully developed yet, but the events so far, don't don't lend themselves to how I think the thing should go.
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote