View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 12:47 PM   #11
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
Quote:
Originally Posted by friktion View Post
I can confirm this. Which is why I'm going on Friday to check out the Demo model, even though I've ordered one. If I don't like the demo (or if it feels cheap, like I found the regular Kobo models) I will cancel and get refunded my Vox payment.

Yes, Chapters told me at the time if you open the box, you cannot return it! Sounds very fishy to me ...
There are lots of stores like this. I once bought a cheap baby product that was in one of those horrible plastic packages that you have to cut open. I cut it carefully along the seam so you couldn't even tell that it had been opened, decided I didn't like the item and then returned it. The small local store I bought it from wouldn't take it back for a refund, even though it was totally resellable.

This is why, as a consumer, if I see two identical items, and one is priced low in a package that is sealed and another one is priced slightly higher in a package I can open and re-pack without anyone knowing, I'll buy the item that is priced higher because it gives me the option of returning it.

The problem with re-selling electronics is that there are usually unsealed batteries involved, so selling 'as new' would be unfair to the people shopping at the stores. This happens quite a bit with cordless phones. I've bought some before that have obviously been returned (I wonder if the new batteries have been swapped out, and then the phone re-packed and returned). This is why these types of things need to be sealed (or at least have the security seal).
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote