View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 02:13 PM   #192
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Fingers crossed for you too! I sometimes see brief green glowing specks on mine after a page turn but I blink and they are gone. I wonder if sometimes they get stuck causing the glowing effect.
I'm not sure, but I was hoping maybe I could massage them out, haha, which I actually tried doing. Desperation mode. Here's the pic I took for Andrew. You can easily see them when they lay over a dark background. I don't see them when I'm reading as they always seem to lay over the white area even when I change fonts and settings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolina View Post
It is nice overall I'm just trying to find out whether I'm totally happy with the screen under my usual reading conditions. I have to say that seeing that green sploge in the centre of the screen festooned with some pink at the top when I first turned it on after receiving it was rather disheartening (sending the thing out with the light at 22 probably wasn't a great idea I think)... Not the best first impression really.
Yes, this is true, the light up high has always magnified the color hues on mine. I tend to use mine at lower light levels now so I rarely see them and even up high they are not bad at all on my current PW. I'll likely keep it even despite the glowing specks if my next PW screen is worse is some way. Good luck with whatever you decide with yours.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote