View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 12:45 PM   #33
nogle
Gangnam style!
nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
I think that Kobo only has one official company spokesperson here - Sameer. And he appears to have disappeared, perhaps for a number of the reasons cited.

I can see the problem from an employee/employer point of view; from time to time, employees will have material non-public information that they can't disclose or discuss. Doing so could have financial and legal repercussions for both the company and the employee.

If I were in senior management at Kobo, I think I would have a policy in place for participation in such forums. Employees would be allowed to participate provided that they refrain from offering comments on the internal operations of the company, discussion of future products and/or firmwares, and technical support. I would also require that employees use a generic disclaimer in all their postings taht any opinions offered are theirs only and do not represent their employer, probably without even mentioning who the employer is.
nogle is offline   Reply With Quote