View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 11:09 AM   #197
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
I test my native mode apps in K4/K5 diags SSH, to avoid fighting with Xorg. For touchscreen testing, there is a diag menu item that locks the touchscreen so it does trigger accidental menu selections.

Because the K4/K5 have at least two full screens that can fit in the framebuffer, and there is a /sys/ file you can poke to set the starting Y position, you can scroll to the second buffer for native mode and use that, while everything else uses the hidden first page at offset 0 in the framebuffer. That way Xorg stays on the other side of the "fence", so no problems (but it still needs to be tested)...

I gave twobob a little screen scroller script that demos that /sys/ file.

Spoiler:

I want to kill my machine. I must have tried like 9 different things to get the ssh working now. All the things listed on here and some voodoo stuff.

It just won't, everytime I hear ssh over DIAGs now a shiver goes down my spine. Utterly can't comprehend it.

Back to the thrust.

Re the script. you did indeed, perhaps there is some future in swapping that "on the fly" for all K5 driven graphics apps. Don't know. more tea. with Caffeine today I think.

All in the application works great other than not actually updating the screen.

I code grab the code I suppose and have a look.

Cheers all. and well done Hawhill.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote