View Single Post
Old 09-07-2011, 01:41 PM   #9
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeypie View Post
Hi! I'm new to the site and the pe. So I'm sorry if this has been answered recently, but I've read through and nothing seems to work for me. I purchased a pocketedge and when I go to use the Store app it tells me to register, then gives me a "Network Connection error. code 80." I've tried several dozen times!
Have they brought their site down for good? Is there anyway I can get past this and browse/purchase things from the store without registering?
Do I need to manually update the os using the usb tips?

Sorry for all the questions and thank you for your time!
What you are trying to do will never work - Entourage closed the store when they closed up shop. The store app is a redundant appendage and all you can do is ignore it.

If you are looking for apps you could start with: http://www.freewarelovers.com/android

Be aware that Ermine is a beta build and not all apps work with the PE. Also you will need to use a USB stick and the correct update.zip to update to Ermine. There are several threads that will give you the information you need.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote