View Single Post
Old 05-07-2010, 12:29 PM   #13
Fotoman
Groupie
Fotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it is

Device: iPad 64GB wifi (Sony 505 RIP)
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottjl View Post
Not sure if you're on a Mac or a PC. If you're on a Mac you might want to check out this article. Apparently there is a bug in iTunes 9.1.1 (build 11) that was fixed in 9.1.1 (build 12). It involves constant re-syncs of music files. Might also contribute to lengthy backup times.
I'm on a PC and turning on manual management of audio and video has also sped the back-ups a bit for me. However that's not the main problem: with the same amount of data in the iPad the time required for a back-up seems to change from day to day and sometimes slows down to a crawl after backing-up ~ 90%... to the point that that last 10% can take 15 minutes + to complete. Other days it just zooms through it (my 64GB iPad has ~ 40GB free) and the whole back-up + sync is done in under 3 minutes.

This suggests a technical problem that is still there after you turn off video and audio syncing and since my iPhone continues to sync just as fast as it always has, it seems to be a bug in how iTunes handles the iPad sync or in the iPad itself.
Fotoman is offline   Reply With Quote