View Single Post
Old 02-14-2015, 11:15 PM   #15
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Yeah, but as far as I am concerned, it is pointless unless it actually refers to the print edition. I much prefer the Time Left To Read that Kindles have, because it cuts out the need to calculate it myself. Does Kobo do anything similar?
Percent doesn't really cut it for me... that requires you to keep track of how long it has taken you so far, even if you have taken breaks in the meantime...
But if you have a hardcover, you get one set of page numbers, a trade paperback, a different set of page numbers, and a mass market paperback, yet another set of page numbers. But with the ePub eBook and ADE, you get one set of page numbers and that's it. You do get to know about the page numbers once you've read enough ePub eBooks.

As for the time left, that can be wildly inaccurate deepening on how you are reading. Sometimes I read in bed and the time left would be less. Sometimes I read while watching TV and the time left would be more. Getting interrupted without putting the Reader to sleep would give you yet another time. So unless you sit and read the same way in that book, the time left is not always accurate.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote