View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 08:20 PM   #46
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by K. Molen View Post
How does that work? Can any iPad app access the files stored on there, or do you have to store only certain kinds of data? For example, could I store Wired magazine that I have in Newstand on the cloud drive instead of on the iPad itself, and then access each issue the same way I do now?

Or is this strictly to store movies and photos and those kinds of things that aren't app specific?

I suspect it's the latter, because I've been poking around in Newstand and the Settings, and I can't find anywhere where I'd be able to tell the iPad to look elsewhere for the magazines.
Natively it prefers some data types but it works fine for any app with FileBrowser (really expensive at £2.99)... when you transfer a file, it gives you the option to "Open in..." which gives a list of Apps that can deal with the file so PDF will show Adobe Reader and any other Apps that can access PDF, CBR will give a list of any Apps you have for comics etc...
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote