View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 10:37 AM   #1
froydman
froydman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.froydman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.froydman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.froydman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.froydman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.froydman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.froydman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.froydman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.froydman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.froydman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.froydman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket eDGe
Three Dots O' Doom

I'm hoping that we've still got some experts 'round here for this problem.

Forgot to mention the first time around (out right, rather than inferred): this is for a pocket edge.

I had finally gotten around to trying the Allmine golden update, so I reverted back to Dingo, installed Ermine, Installed Allmine. The problem was that I couldn't add things to my library (whcih had been backed up, but was stored on the SD Card). Since everything was backed up, and most everything was already on my full size edge, I figured no problems I will just start over and not mess around with the library being on the card. Start from scratch as it were.

I started the reflash to Dingo but something went horribly awry. Needless to say my device stopped on the three dots o' doom.

Of course, the first thing everyone will ask is whether I've done the menu+rotate reflashing...and the answer yes, O lordy, yes. A thousand times. And just now I tried it for the thousandth and first time. No go.

The second thing: did you try the serial cable fixes? Yes, both the one suggested by Nikkie and the more involved situation given by VCINC regarding the tftp pushing and the like. Sadly, it is still a no go. I'm capable of hardware manipulation, but I'll be completely honest in not understanding what the blue blazes is going on in the terminal output. Half a gazillion things seem to be going wrong there, so I'm hoping for a little bit of a nudge in the right direction if'n folks would be so obliged.

I've uploaded my terminal output screen from the point of "Run boot_user" at the End of VCINC's instructions with the terminal.

I've already lost the last three months of data trying to get this to work (let's not talk about linux installs borking my win8 install, that's today's project while hopefully getting some pointers from any good folk still on the board), and I'll be doggoned if I won't get this thing working again.

Oh, one last thing about the behavior: it stops at the three dots. However, the terminal still recognizes that the USB is plugged in or unplugged and notifies thusly there. It's like it is not launching into the android screen.

Oh, I lied before about the one last thing: Adb shell access will not work. Just to take care of that option right up front.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and if you ever make it up northern mn way, I'll buy a beverage of your choice for you.
Attached Files
File Type: txt terminaloutput.txt (42.0 KB, 562 views)

Last edited by froydman; 03-21-2013 at 11:07 AM. Reason: forgot to mention which edge
froydman is offline   Reply With Quote