View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 10:47 AM   #49
Sharkus
Evangelist
Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Original, WiFi, Touch, Aura, Aura H20, MiniGloHD ;) iOS app
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechniSol View Post
I, like most folks, have buttons that occasionally get pushed. When someone comes into a forum, working for a manufacturer and expresses that consumers shouldn't be expressing our displeasure at the expense of the company causing a great deal of aggravation to their own consumers, it sort of whacks the big red button at the top of the pile. This is not how business and user forums work. We paid our money, we have a right to express our opinions. If they want better feedback, do better. That's the way it works. Don't dare whine about negative impact, do better
I'm not saying you cannot / should not express displeasure. My original point was targeted towards the problem whereby people are continually posting / sniping about their issues on threads that have nothing to do with that specific issue.

Hypothetical example:
Someone starts a thread about how to get a specific award on the iOS app. Someone else jumps in and comments that they should not expect any help from Kobo on this because of the problem they are having with version 1.2.3 of the firmware on their Glo, and then comment on how crap Kobo is.

The other user then goes on to do the same thing in other threads not related to the problem they have.
Sharkus is offline   Reply With Quote