View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 08:06 AM   #5
timdams
timdams can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametertimdams can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametertimdams can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametertimdams can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametertimdams can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametertimdams can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametertimdams can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametertimdams can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametertimdams can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametertimdams can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametertimdams can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: HP Touchpad
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Cool. Feel free to ask if you have any questions about the db structure.

How are you dealing with calibre and your app accessing the db at the same time? calibre locks the db so I assume you just error out at that point. Are you planning to open source it, so others can learn from your learn metro efforts
Db structure: so far it's pretty clear (used SqliteSpy).

Locking: currently the sqllite project for .net can't work with files unless they are located in certain specific folders (e.g. downloads/documents/desktop). To circumvent this I make a local copy of the chosen database each time the app (damn you metro for forcing me in doing these ugly hacks ). So far, this actually works nice.
The drawback ofcourse is that any changes made through calibre while both are running, won't show up in the app.
Anyhow, I've just started messing around with this yesterday, so we'll see what happens

Opensource: haven't really given it any thought yet, though even anyone is interested I'd gladly put the code up somewhere (github) for others to toy around with.
timdams is offline   Reply With Quote